A mile and a kilometer are units of length. The mile belongs to the British imperial and US customary unit system. The kilometer is used by the International System of Units.
1 km equals 1,000 meters. 1 mile equals 1,609.344 meters. The international mile was established in 1959.
- The Scandinavian mile is the same as 10 km
- The Swedish mile is 10.687 km
- The nautical mile is 1,852 metres (1.151 mi)
- The Imperial Roman mile was 1,479 m
- The Arabic mile was between 1.8 and 2.0 km
- The Welsh mile was 6.17 km
- The Hungarian mile was 8.3536 km
- The U.S. survey mile is 1,609.347 metres